Many people struggle with issues related to sexual compulsion. If you think that you may have a problem, use the PATHOS below to determine if further assessment would be necessary.
1. Do you often find yourself preoccupied with sexual thoughts? [ Preoccupied]
2. Do you hide some of your sexual behavior from others? [ Ashamed]
3. Have you ever sought help for sexual behavior you did not like? [ Treatment]
4. Has anyone been hurt emotionally because of your sexual behavior? [ Hurt others]
5. Do you feel controlled by your sexual desire? [ Out of control]
6. When you have sex, do you feel depressed afterwards? [ Sad]
A positive response to just one would indicate a need for additional assessment. Two or more indicates sexual addiction.